1. Trim the beef and cut it into ~2-inch pieces.
2. Coat the beef pieces with panko bread crumbs.
3. In a medium skillet, heat the olive oil over a Medium/High heat.
4. Thoroughly brown the coated beef pieces until both sides of each individual piece are crisp.
5. Transfer the beef pieces to a 4-6-quart slow cooker/crock pot.
6. Using the same oil, sautee the onions for 5-10 minutes.
7. Coat the onions in the tomato sauce and let them simmer for ~3 minutes.
8. Transfer the onion/tomato mixture to the slow cooker.
9. Heat the red wine using the same skillet for ~5 minutes.
10. Transfer the red wine to the slow cooker, including any vegetables or oil that may be still stuck to the skillet.
11. Place the carrots, potatoes, beef broth, minced garlic, garlic salt, and Italian Seasoning into the slow cooker.
12. Cover and cook on the slow cooker's High setting for 4 hours.
13. Uncover and stir in the sweet peas. Heat through for ~5 mins.
14. Serve. Makes about 8 bowls of stew.